Venue: 0.02 Chamber - Quadrant, The Silverlink North, Cobalt Business Park, North Tyneside, NE27 0BY. View directions
Contact: Dave Parkin, Tel: 0191 643 5316 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment of Chair
The Sub-committee to appoint a Chair for the meeting.
Resolved that Councillor M Thirlaway be appointed Chair for this meeting.
Declarations of Interest
Members of the Sub-committee are invited to declare any registerable and/or non-registerable interests in matters appearing on the agenda and the nature of that interest.
There were no Declarations of Interest or Dispensations reported.
To give consideration to an application to vary a Premises Licence in respect of Killingworth Young Peoples Club, Garth 21, Killingworth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 6SE.
The Sub-committee met to consider an application for the variation of the Premises Licence in respect of Killingworth Young Peoples Club, Garth 21, Killingworth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 6SE.
The applicant, Killingworth Young Peoples Club, sought to vary the Premises Licence by extending the permitted hours as follows:
· The Supply of alcohol for consumption on the Premises every day of the week between 13:30 hours and 22:30 hours;
· The playing of live music at the Premises every day of the week between 19:00 hours and 22:00 hours;
· The playing of recorded music at the Premises every day of the week between 13:30 hours and 22:30 hours;
· The performance of dance at the Premises every day of the week between 19:00 hours and 22:30 hours; and
· The Premises to be open to the public every day between 08:00 hours and 23:00 hours.
Following introductions the Legal Advisor outlined the procedure to be followed at the hearing.
Mr Young, Licensing Officer, presented details of the application, the representations received and the options available to the Sub-Committee.
Ms Rooke, on behalf of the applicant, addressed the Sub-Committee in support of the application and responded to questions from members of the Sub-Committee and the legal advisor.
All parties to the hearing were given the opportunity of summing up their respective cases and the Sub-Committee retired to make its decision in private.
All parties were invited back into the hearing and the Chair announced the decision of the Sub-committee.
Resolved that the application be approved subject to the following conditions:
1. A CCTV system will be installed at the Premises and maintained in proper working order at all times and the licence holder will ensure that: -
a) The CCTV cameras are located at the Premises so as to provide coverage of entrance(s) and exit(s), both internally and externally and areas where the sale and consumption of alcohol takes place.
b) The CCTV system is able to capture clear images permitting identification of individuals.
c) The CCTV system will be in operation whenever the Premises are open to the public.
d) The CCTV system is able to capture a minimum of 4 frames per second and all recorded footage must be securely retained for a minimum of 28 days.
e) The CCTV system is capable of constantly generating an accurate date and time.
f) The CCTV system is fitted with security functions to prevent recordings being tampered with e.g. password protection.
2. There will be at least one member of staff, present at the Premises during the operating hours, trained to provide viewable copies of CCTV images as soon as possible following a request from representatives of Northumbria Police or the Licensing Authority made in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (or any successor legislation).
3. The licence holder will ensure that whenever the Premises are open to the public and a licensable activity is taking place there will be a sufficient number of competent staff on duty to ensure that the terms and ... view the full minutes text for item LS3/19