Venue: The meeting will be held virtually and live streamed - please use the link below. -. View directions
Contact: Dave Parkin; Tel: 0191 643 5316 Email: email@example.com
Link: live stream
Appointment of Chair
The Sub-committee to appoint a Chair for the meeting.
Resolved that Councillor S Phillips be appointed Chair for this meeting.
Declarations of Interest
Members of the Sub-committee are invited to declare any registerable and/or non-registerable personal interests in matters appearing on the agenda, and the nature of that interest.
There were no declarations of interest or dispensations reported.
Somals, 21-23 Benton Lane, West Moor, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 7NP PDF 364 KB
To give consideration to an application to vary the Premises Licence in respect of Somals, 21-23 Benton Lane, West Moor, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 7NP.
The Sub-committee met to consider an application to vary the Premises Licence in respect of Somals, 21-23 Benton Lane, Westmoor, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 7NP.
The applicant, Mrs R Johal, sought permission to extend the existing licence in respect of the sale of alcohol off the Premises to permit off sales between 08:00 hours and 04:00 hours for deliveries only.
Following introductions the Chair set out the procedure which would be followed during the course of the hearing. Mr G Callum, Licensing Officer, presented details of the application, the representation received and the options available to the Sub-committee.
The Sub-committee referred to the written representation received in respect of the application.
Mrs Johal addressed the Sub-committee in relation to her application. Members of the Sub-committee asked a series of questions in relation to the application which were responded to by Mrs Johal.
Mrs Johal was then given the opportunity of summing up her submission.
The Sub-committee withdrew from the meeting to make its decision in private.
Resolved that the application to vary the Premises Licence in respect of Somals, 21-23 Benton Lane, Westmoor, Newcastle upon Tyne be approved for the following hours and subject to the following conditions:
· Monday to Saturday 08:00 hours to 03:30 hours
· Sunday 10:00 hours to 22:30 hours
· Good Friday 10:00 hours to 22:30 hours
· Christmas Day 12:00 hours to 15:00 hours and 19:00 hours to 22:30 hours
1. Between 23:00 hours and 03:30 hours all sales of alcohol from the Premises will only be by way of online or telephone order and by way of delivery to a known address. No sale of alcohol will be made to a customer attending at the Premises after 23:00 hours.
2. The last delivery of alcohol from the Premises must be completed by 04:00 hours.
3. No alcohol will be delivered to any customer until details of the customer, including his/her name, date of birth, the address where alcohol is being delivered to, quantity, description, and price of the alcohol is entered into a register (electronic or otherwise) that will be kept at the Premises at all times. The register will be available for inspection by authorised officers of the Licensing Authority (including Trading Standards Officers) or representatives of Northumbria Police immediately on request made in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018/General Data Protection Regulation (or any replacement legislation).
4. All customers seeking to purchase alcohol from the Premises and requesting the delivery of the alcohol at an address away from the premises will be informed that any person taking delivery of the alcohol who appears to be under the age of 25 years will be required to produce photographic evidence of the type set out in condition 9 below as to their age and that without the production of such photographic evidence the delivery of the alcohol will not take place.
5. Any vehicle delivering alcohol away from the Premises will be clearly marked to show that the vehicle is operating from the ... view the full minutes text for item LS13/19