Venue: This meeting will be held remotely via Teams - Remote Meeting. View directions
Contact: Dave Parkin; Tel 0191 6435316 Email: Democraticsupport@northtyneside.gov.uk
Appointment of Chair
The sub-committee to appoint a Chair for this meeting.
Resolved that Councillor Phillips be appointed Chair for this meeting.
Declarations of Interest
Members of the sub-committee are invited to declare any registerable and/or non-registerable personal interests in matters appearing on the agenda, and the nature of that interest.
There were no Declarations of Interest or Dispensations reported.
To note the procedure for hearing and determining an application for a Premises Licence.
To give consideration to an application for the grant of a new Premises Licence in relation to Amaze Gourmet Spice, 6 Cauldwell Lane, Monkseaton, NE25 8LN.
The Sub-committee met to consider an application for the grant of a new Premises Licence in respect of Amaze Gourmet Spice, 6 Cauldwell Lane, Monkseaton, NE25 8LN.
The Applicant, Goldmatt Leisure Limited, sought permission to:
· Supply alcohol for consumption on the Premises each day of the week from 10:00 hours to 23:00 hours;
· Supply alcohol for consumption off the Premises each day of the week from 10:00 hours to 23:30 hours;
· Provide late night refreshment on and off the Premises each day of the week from 23:00 hours to 23:30 hours; and
· Open the Premises to the public each day of the week from 08:00 hours to 23:30 hours.
Following introductions the Chair set out the procedure which would be followed during the course of the meeting. Ms S Vert, the Licensing Officer, presented details of the application, the representations received and the options available to the Sub-committee. All parties present were given the opportunity of asking questions of the information presented by the Licensing Officer.
The Sub-committee referred to the written representations submitted in respect of the application and heard from Mrs Charlton and Mr and Mrs Watts who addressed the Sub-committee in respect of their representations in relation to the application. Councillor J Kirwin also addressed the Sub-committee on behalf of a number of residents and Councillor Shaw. All parties were given the opportunity of asking questions of the information presented.
Mr M Foster, on behalf of the applicant, addressed the Sub-committee. Both he and the representative of the applicant company responded to questions from the members of the Sub-committee, Councillor Kirwin, Mrs Charlton, Mrs Watts and the Sub-committee’s legal advisor.
During the course of the hearing Mr Foster, on behalf of the applicant, offered to amend the proposed operating hours.
All parties were then given the opportunity of summing up their respective cases and the Sub-committee withdrew from the meeting to consider its decision in private.
Resolved that the application for the grant of a Premises Licence in respect of Amaze Gourmet Spice, 6 Cauldwell Lane, Monkseaton be approved for the following hours
a) Supply of alcohol for consumption on the Premises each day from 12:00 hours to 22:30 hours;
b) Supply of alcohol for consumption off the Premises each day from 12:00 hours to 22:30 hours;
c) Premises open to the public each day from 09:00 hours to 23:00 hours
and subject to the following conditions:
1. The Premises will operate as a restaurant/café providing food and drink There shall be no change to this operating style without prior written notice being given to the Licensing Authority which shall include details of the proposed operating style. The Licensing Authority will advise the Licence Holder within 21 days whether an application for a full or minor variation of the licence is required or if an application for a new premises licence is required and the licence holder will comply with that advice and submit an appropriate application within 21 days of receiving such advice.
2. A member ... view the full minutes text for item LS10/19