Venue: The meeting will be held virtually and live streamed - please use the link below. -. View directions
Contact: Dave Parkin, Tel:0191 643 5316 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: live stream
Appointment of Chair
The Sub-committee to appoint a Chair for the meeting.
Councillor Mulvenna was appointed Chair for this meeting.
Declarations of Interest
You are invited to declare any registerable and/or non-registerable interest in matters appearing on the agenda, and the nature of that interest.
There were no Declarations of Interest or Dispensations reported.
To give consideration to an application for the grant of a new Premises Licence in respect of On the Corner Café, 45 Ilfracombe Gardens, Whitley Bay.
The Sub-committee met to consider an application for the grant of a new Premises Licence in respect of On the Corner Café, 45 Ilfracombe Gardens, Whitley Bay.
The Applicant Ms Della Veronica Carter sought permission for the following:
· The performance of live music indoors each day from 08.00 hours to 19.00 hours;
· The playing of recorded music indoors each day from 08.00 hours to 19.00 hours;
· The provision of anything similar to live and recorded music each day from 08.00 hours to 19.00 hours;
· The supply of alcohol for consumption on and off the premises each day from 08.00 hours to 18.30 hours;
· The premises to be open to the public each day from 08.00 hours to 19.00 hours; and
· The supply of alcohol and the provision of regulated entertainment between 19.00 hours on New Years Eve and 08.00 hours on New Years Day.
Following introductions the Chair outlined the procedure to be followed at the hearing.
Mr J Young, Licensing Officer, presented details of the application, the representations received and the options available to the Sub-committee. Members of the Sub-committee asked a series of questions of the officer which were responded to appropriately.
Ms Carter addressed the Sub-committee in relation to her application. Members of the Sub Committee, Mr Cowie and the Sub Committee’s legal advisor asked a series of questions which were responded to.
Mr Cowie addressed the Sub-committee in relation to his concerns about the application. Members of the Sub-committee asked a series of questions of Mr Cowie.
All parties were given the opportunity of summing up their respective cases and the Sub-committee then withdrew to make its decision in private.
Resolved that the application for the grant of a new Premises Licence in respect of On the Corner Café, 45 Ilfracombe Gardens, Whitley Bay be granted apart from the period of 19.00 hours on New Years Eve to 8.00am on New Years Day and subject to the following conditions:
1. The Premises are permitted to supply of alcohol for consumption on and off the Premises each day of the week from 10.00 hours to 18.30 hours.
2. The Premises will be open to the public each day of the week from 08.00 hours to 19.00 hours.
3. The Premises will operate as a café and there will be no change to this operating style without prior written notice being given to the Licensing Authority and Northumbria Police of any proposed change in the style of operation. The Licensing Authority will advise the Licence Holder within 21 days whether a new application for a premises licence is required and the licence holder will comply with that direction and submit an appropriate application within 21 days of receiving such a direction.
4. A CCTV system will be installed at the Premises and maintained in proper working order at all times and the Premises Licence Holder will ensure that: -
a) The CCTV cameras are located at the Premises so as to provide coverage of entrance(s) and exit(s), both ... view the full minutes text for item LS3/19