Venue: This meeting will be held remotely via Teams - Remote Meeting. View directions
Contact: Dave Parkin; Tel 0191 643 5316 Email: email@example.com
Appointment of Chair
The Sub-committee to appoint a Chair for this meeting
Resolved that Councillor Phillips be appointed Chair for this meeting,
Declarations of Interest
You are invited to declare any registerable and/or non-registerable interests in matters appearing on the agenda, and the nature of that interest.
There were no declarations of interest or dispensations reported.
To give consideration to an application for the grant of a new Premises Licence in respect of St Edwards Centre, Roxburgh Terrace, Whitley Bay, NE26 1DS
The Sub-committee met to consider an application for the grant of a new Premises Licence in respect of St Edwards Centre, Roxburgh Terrace, Whitley Bay, NE26 1DS.
The Applicant, Alastair McGillivray, sought permission to:
· supply alcohol on and off the premises every day from 10.00 hours to 23.00 hours;
· provide films every day from 10.00 hours to 23.00 hours; and
· for the premises to be open every day from 08.00 hours to 23.00 hours.
Following introductions the chair set out the procedure which would be followed during the course of the meeting. Mr G Callum, the Licensing Officer, presented details of the application, the representations received and the options available to the Sub-committee. All parties present were given the opportunity of asking questions of the information presented by the Licensing Officer.
The Sub-committee referred to the written representations submitted in respect of the application and heard from Councillor John O’Shea and Mr and Mrs Borthwick who addressed the Sub Committee in respect of their representations in relation to the application. All parties were given the opportunity of asking questions of the information presented.
Mr Arnot, on behalf of the applicant addressed the Sub-committee. Both he and Mr McGillivray responded to questions from the members of the Sub-committee, Councillor O’Shea, Mrs Borthwick and the Sub-committee’s legal advisor.
All parties were then given the opportunity of summing up their respective cases and the Sub-committee withdrew from the meeting to consider its decision in private.
Resolved that the application for the grant of a Premises Licence in respect of St Edwards Centre, Roxburgh Terrace, Whitley Bay be approved subject to the following conditions:
1. A CCTV system will be installed at the Premises and maintained in proper working order at all times and the Premises Licence Holder will ensure that: -
a) CCTV cameras are located at the Premises so as to provide coverage of entrances and exits to the Premises,
and to the area immediately to the front of the building in which the Premises are located on Roxburgh Terrace and any smoking area provided by the licence holder.
b) CCTV cameras are located in any area where the sale and consumption of alcohol takes place.
c) The CCTV system is able to capture clear images permitting identification of individuals
d) The CCTV system will be in operation whenever the Premises are open to the public.
e) The CCTV footage must be securely retained for a minimum period of 28 days.
f) The CCTV system is capable of constantly generating an accurate date and time
g) The CCTV system is fitted with security functions to prevent recordings being tampered with e.g. password protection.
2. There will be at least one member of staff present at the Premises during the operating hours who is able to fully operate the CCTV system and who can provide viewable copies of CCTV footage to representatives of Northumbria Police or authorised officers of the Licensing Authority (including Trading Standards officers) as soon as possible, but in any ... view the full minutes text for item LS6/19