Venue: This meeting will be held remotely via Teams - Remote Meeting. View directions
Contact: Dave Parkin, Tel 0191 643 5316 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: live stream
Appointment of Chair
The Sub-Committee to appoint a Chair for the meeting.
Resolved that Councillor Mulvenna be appointed Chair for this meeting.
Declaration of Interests and Dispensations
You are invited to declare any registerable and/or non-registerable interests in matters appearing on the agenda, and the nature of that interest.
You are also invited to disclose any dispensations in relation to any registerable and/or non-registerable interests that have been granted to you in respect of any matters appearing on the agenda.
There were no Declarations of Interest or Dispensations Reported.
To give consideration to an application for the grant of a new Premises Licence in respect of the above premises.
The Sub-committee met to consider an application for the grant of a new Premises Licence in respect of The Tipsy Horse, Unit 20, Arrow Close, Killingworth.
The Applicant, The Tipsy Horse Limited, sought permission for the following:
· The performance of plays outdoors each day from 11.00 hours to 23.30 hours;
· The exhibition of films outdoors each day from 11.00 hours to 23.30 hours;
· The performance of live music outdoors each Sunday to Thursday between 11.00 hours and 23.00 hours and each Friday and Saturday between 11.00 hours and 23.30 hours and on New years Day the performance of live music to end at 01.00 hours;
· The playing of recorded music outdoors each day from 11.00 hours to 23.30 hours and on New Years Day recorded music to be played until 01.00 hours;
· The provision of late night refreshment outdoors on New Years Eve until 23.59 hours and on New Years Day from 00.00 hours to 01.00 hours;
· The sale of alcohol for consumption on and off the premises each day of the week from 11.00 hours to 23.00 hours and until 00.30 hours on New Years Day;
· The premises to be open to the public each day from 10.30 hours to 23.30 hours and until 01.00 hours on New Years Day
Following introductions the Chair set out the procedure to be followed at the hearing.
Mrs Vert, Licensing Officer, presented details of the application, the representations received and the options available to the Sub-committee.
Mrs Wilson, Senior Environmental Health Officer, presented details of her concerns in relation to the application. She responded to a series of questions from the members of the Sub Committee and the Sub-committee’s legal advisor.
Mr Thompson, on behalf of the Applicant, addressed the Sub-committee in relation to the application. He was supported by Mr Robson, Licensing Consultant. Members of the Sub-committee asked a series of questions of both Mr Thompson and Mr Robson.
All parties were then given the opportunity to sum up their case and the Sub-committee retired to make its decision in private.
Resolved that the application for the grant of a Premises Licence in respect of The Tipsy Horse, Unit 20, Arrow Close, Killingworth be approved subject to the following conditions:
1. Before the premises licence takes effect, the Applicant must submit to the Licensing Authority a plan of the Premises that will be clear and legible, and which will show those matters listed in Regulation 23(3) of The Licensing Act 2003 (Premises licences and club premises certificates) Regulations 2005.
2. Before the premises licence takes effect, the Applicant will provide to the Licensing Authority a copy of the Fire Risk Assessment for the Premises.
3. CCTV system will be installed at the Premises and maintained in proper working order at all times and the Premises Licence Holder will ensure that: -
a) The CCTV cameras are located at the Premises so as to provide coverage of entrance(s) and exit(s), both internally and externally and areas where the sale and consumption of ... view the full minutes text for item LS20/19