Venue: 0.01 Chamber - Quadrant, The Silverlink North, Cobalt Business Park, North Tyneside, NE27 0BY. View directions
Contact: Dave Parkin, Tel: 0191 643 5316 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment of Chair
The Sub-committee to appoint a Chair for the meeting.
Resolved that Councillor W Lott be appointed Chair for the meeting.
Declarations of Interest
Members of the Sub-committee are invited to declare any registerable and/or non-registerable interests in matters appearing on the agenda and the nature of that interest.
There were no declarations of interest or dispensations reported.
Heron Foods, 2 Churchill Street, Wallsend, NE28 7SZ PDF 97 KB
To give consideration to an application to vary the Premises Licence in respect of Heron Foods, 2 Churchill Street, Wallsend, NE28 7SZ.
The Sub-committee met to consider an application for the variation of the Premises Licence in respect of Heron Foods, 2 Churchill Street, Wallsend.
The applicant sought to vary the Premises Licence by extending the hours for the supply of alcohol by way of off-sales and to extend the hours that the premises were open to the public to the following:
Supply of Alcohol for consumption off the Premises and general opening times:
· Monday to Saturday - 07:00 hours to 22:00 hours;
· Sunday - 10:00 hours to 16:00 hours
The Sub-committee having satisfied itself that the other parties, a number of local residents, had been notified of date, time and venue of the meeting decided that it was not in the public interest to adjourn the meeting and agreed to continue to determine the application in their absence.
Each of the parties present at the hearing introduced themselves and the Legal Advisor set out the procedure to be followed at the meeting.
Mr Callum, Licensing Officer, presented details of the application, the representations received and the options available to the Sub-committee.
Mr Rees-Gay, solicitor for the applicant, addressed the Sub-committee in support of the application and responded to questions from Members of the Sub committee with the support of Ms McAndrew, the premises manager.
Mr Rees-Gay was given the opportunity of summing up the application on behalf of the applicant and the Sub-committee then retired to make its decision in private.
All parties were invited back into the meeting and the Chair announced the decision of the Sub-committee.
Resolved that the application be approved subject to the following additional condition:
· There will be displayed on the rear door of the premises a clear and legible notice informing staff that the door must be opened and closed quietly and all persons using this door must act in compliance with the notice
Reasons for Decision
· None of the Responsible Authorities had made representations in relation to the application from which the Sub-committee concluded that they did not share residents’ concerns about the increased hours in relation to the promotion of the licensing objectives;
· Representation had been made by several local residents and some of the issues raised had already been addressed by the Applicant;
· The Sub-committee considered that the resident’s concerns in relation to noise from a rear door at the premises would be addressed by appropriate management of the use of the door and the imposition of a condition which required staff to use the door having consideration for residents.