Venue: 0.01 Chamber - Quadrant, The Silverlink North, Cobalt Business Park, North Tyneside, NE27 0BY. View directions
Contact: Dave Parkin; Tel: 0191 643 5316 Email: email@example.com
Appointment of Chair
The Sub-committee to appoint a Chair for the meeting.
Resolved that Councillor Thirlaway be appointed Chair for this meeting.
Declarations of Interest
Members of the Sub-committee are invited to declare any registerable and/or non-registerable interests in matters appearing on the agenda and the nature of that interest.
There were no declarations of interest reported.
To give consideration to an application for a review of the Premises Licence in respect of Supersave Food and Wine (Whitley Bay) Limited, 50 Eastbourne Gardens, Whitley Bay, NE26 1PY.
The Sub-committee met to consider an application for a review of the Premises Licence in respect of Supersave, 50 Eastbourne Gardens, Whitley Bay.
The Applicant, the Local Weights and Measures Authority, had sought the review of the Premises Licence in respect of the prevention of crime and disorder and the protection of children from harm licensing objectives. The application had been supported by the Chief Officer of Police and the Director of Public Health.
Following introductions, the Sub-committee’s legal advisor outlined the procedure to be followed at the hearing.
Mr Callum, Licensing Officer, presented details of the Application, the representations received and the options available to the Sub-committee.
Mr Hedley, Trading Standards Officer, presented details of the application for a review of the Premises Licence on the grounds that there had been two sales of age restricted products to underage customers at the premises. He responded to questions from the Members of the Sub Committee and Ms Mellor.
Mr Kirkpatrick represented the Chief Officer of Police and set out the police’s support for the review of the Premises Licence. He responded to questions from Members of the Sub-committee and Ms Mellor.
Ms Mellor, Counsel for the Licensee, addressed the Sub-committee on behalf of the Premises Licence Holder and explained the steps that had been put in place to prevent a reoccurrence of the licence breaches. She invited Mr Arif, the Premises Licence Holder, and Ms Khan to address the meeting and to respond to questions from Members of the Sub-committee and the representatives of the Responsible Authorities. She also called two witnesses who addressed the meeting and responded to Members questions. Ms Mellor responded to questions from Members of the Sub-committee, the Sub-committee’s legal advisor and the representative of the Chief Officer of Police.
All parties were given the opportunity of summing up their respective cases and the Sub-committee retired to make its decision in private.
All parties were invited back into the hearing and the Chair announced the Sub-committee’s decision.
Resolved that (1) the Premises Licence be suspended for a period of 14 days; and
(2) the following conditions be added to the Premises Licence:
1. A CCTV system will be installed at the Premises and maintained in proper working order at all times and the Premises Licence Holder will ensure that:
· The CCTV cameras are located at the Premises so as to provide coverage of entrances and exits, both internally and externally, all points of sale and the area where alcohol is stored for sale.
· The system is able to capture clear images permitting identification of individuals.
· The system will be in operation whenever licensable activities are taking place at the Premises.
· The CCTV system is able to capture a minimum of 4 frames per second and all recorded footage must be securely retained for a minimum of 30 days.
· The CCTV system is capable of constantly generating an accurate date and time.
· The CCTV system is fitted with security functions to prevent recordings being tampered with e.g. ... view the full minutes text for item LS12/19