Venue: The meeting will be held virtually and live streamed - please use the link below. -. View directions
Contact: Dave Parkin; Tel: 0191 643 5316 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment of Chair
The Sub-committee to appoint a Chair for the meeting.
Resolved that Councillor S Phillips be appointed as Chair for this meeting.
Declarations of Interest
Members of the Sub-committee are invited to declare any registerable and/or non-registerable interests in matters appearing on the agenda and the nature of that interest.
There were no declarations of interest or dispensations reported.
To give consideration to an application for the grant of a new Premises Licence in respect of Tynemouth 61, 61 Front Street, Tynemouth, NE30 4BT.
The Sub-committee met to consider an application for the grant of a new Premises Licence in respect of Tynemouth 61, 61 Front Street, Tynemouth, NE30 4BT.
The Applicants, Mr S Minns and Mr N McWhirter, sought permission for the following:
· The supply of alcohol for consumption on the premises each day of the week from 10:30 hours to 20:00 hours;
· The premises to be open to the public each day of the week between the hours of 10:30 hours and 20:00 hours.
Prior to consideration of the application the Sub-committee considered whether it wished to proceed in the absence of the person who had submitted representation in relation to the application. Having been advised that objector had been notified of the date and time of the hearing and having had a copy of the papers for the hearing sent to him the Sub Committee agreed to proceed in his absence.
Following introductions the Chair outlined the procedure to be followed in the hearing.
Mrs S Vert, Licensing Officer, presented details of the application, the representation received and the options available to the Sub-committee.
Mr McWhirter addressed the Sub-committee in relation to the application. Mr Minns also addressed the Sub-committee in relation to the application. Both responded to questions from the members of the Sub-committee and the Sub-committee’s legal advisor.
The applicants having been invited to sum up their application confirmed that they had nothing further to add.
The Sub-committee retired to make its decision in private.
Resolved that the application be approved subject to the following hours and the following conditions:
· Supply of Alcohol on the premises each day of the week between 10:30 hours and 19:30 hours;
· The premises to be open to the public each day of the week between 10:30 hours and 20:00 hours.
1. A CCTV system will be installed at the Premises and maintained in proper working order at all times and the Premises Licence Holder will ensure that: -
a) CCTV cameras are located at the Premises so as to provide coverage of entrances and exits to the Premises, including any smoking area provided by the licence holder.
b) CCTV cameras are located in any area where the sale and consumption of alcohol takes place.
c) The CCTV system is able to capture clear images permitting identification of individuals
d) The CCTV system will be in operation whenever the Premises are open to the public.
e) The CCTV footage must be securely retained for a minimum period of 30 days.
f) The CCTV system is capable of constantly generating an accurate date and time.
g) The CCTV system is fitted with security functions to prevent recordings being tampered with e.g. password protection.
2. There will be at least one member of staff present at the Premises during the operating hours who is able to fully operate the CCTV system and who can provide viewable copies of CCTV footage to representatives of Northumbria Police or authorised officers of the Licensing Authority (including Trading ... view the full minutes text for item LS19/19