Venue: The meeting will be held virtually and live streamed - please use the link below. -. View directions
Contact: Dave Parkin
Appointment of Chair
The Sub Committee to appoint a chair for this meeting.
Resolved that Councillor T Mulvenna be appointed Chair for this meeting.
Declarations of Interest and Dispensations
You are invited to declare any registerable and/or non-registerable
interests in matters appearing on the agenda, and the nature of that interest.
You are also invited to disclose any dispensations in relation to any registerable and/or non-registerable interests that have been granted to you in respect of any matters appearing on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest or dispensations reported.
To consider an application for the grant of a new Premises Licence.
The Sub-committee met to consider an application by Leonardo 19 Limited for the grant of a new Premises Licence in respect of Pranzo Italian Tapas and Wine Bar, 16 Station Road, Whitley Bay, NE26 2RA.
The applicant was represented by Mr M Foster, Mincoffs Solicitors, and he was accompanied by Mr P Masucci a director of the applicant company.
Mrs J Jackson and Mr D Weston, local residents, were present to outline their representations in relation to the application
Following introductions, the Chair set out the procedure which would be followed during the course of the virtual hearing.
Mr G Callum, Licensing Officer, presented details of the application, the representations received and the options available to the Sub-committee. He explained that the applicant had sought permission for the Premises to: -
· Supply alcohol for consumption on and off the Premises each day from 11.00 hours to 23.00 hours;
· Provide late night refreshment each day from 23.00 hours to 23.30 hours (for consumption indoors only);
· Have the Premises open to the public each day from 08.00 hours to 23.30 hours.
Since the application had been advertised the applicant now wished to amend the hours as follows: -
· The supply of alcohol for consumption on and off the Premises each Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11.00 hours to 23.00 hours and each Monday to Thursday from 11.00 hours to 22.00 hours;
· The provision of late-night refreshment each Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 23.00 hours to 23.30 hours (for consumption indoors only); and
· For the Premises to remain open to the public each Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 08.00 hours to 23.30 hours and Monday to Thursday from 08.00 hours to 22.30 hours.
The Sub-committee referred to the written representations submitted in respect of the application.
Mr Foster presented the application on behalf of the applicant. He explained that the application had been amended to address residents’ concerns and to take account of the restrictions imposed as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Members of the Sub-committee and the residents’ asked a number of questions which were responded to by Mr Foster and Mr Masucci.
Each of the resident’s presented their representation to the Sub-committee in turn and responded to questions from the Sub Committee and the representatives of the Applicant
All parties were given the opportunity to sum up their particular submissions
The Sub-committee withdrew from the meeting to make its decision in private.
Resolved that the application for the grant of a new Premises Licence in respect of Pranzo Italian Tapas and Wine Bar, 16 Station Road, Whitley Bay be approved subject to the following conditions: -
1. A CCTV system (“the system”) will be installed at the Premises and maintained in proper working order at all times and the Premises Licence Holder will ensure that: -
i. The system’s cameras will be located at the Premises so as to provide coverage of entrances and exits, both internally and externally, the serving area, and any areas where the consumption of ... view the full minutes text for item LS97/19